I was recently asked, as a mentor what do I get from mentoring. The answers are quite basic and rooted in the reason I set up my business.
I set up my own business because I repeatedly saw small and medium businesses struggling with quality issues, high stock levels and long lead times caused by ineffective processes. I wanted to help businesses that are struggling to improve and grow, so I became a consultant specifically to help and support these businesses.
What I gain from mentoring small businesses is
· The satisfaction of helping businesses learn to use world class techniques.
· The opportunity to make a difference for small business owners
· Networking with small businesses demonstrating the value I can add
· Opportunities to actively practice coaching and mentoring skills
· Exposure for my business and my brand
The most important reward by far is the difference I have been allowed to make in peoples lives through removing obstacles to growth, both now and in the future.